Monday, April 20, 2009

Fashion, my first Love

I have always been in love with fashion and actually thought I would become a Fashion Designer. By the time I turned 13, I was determined to become a teacher and had all but forgotten about becoming a Fashion Designer. Throughout highschool I was acknowledged and praised by my friends, peers, teachers for my style. I was also teased and ridiculed because I was different, I can remember being stared and talked about because of my style choices. The compliments made me feel good and outweighed all the people gossiping and hating on me. Everyone in my highschool pretty much looked and dressed the same, they were all regular and mundane. I on the other hand always stepped outside of my comfort zone because well, that's just who I am. I was called the "Eccentric Girl"...wasn't mad at that and actually began to embrace the name. Around that time, my teen years I was also called trendy, unique, stylish, weird, oh and my favorite a "white girl".
The irony of it all is that everyone began to dress like me! The flat pointy shoes were now a favorite among the girls in my school and neighborhood, rainboots werent so silly or ugly after all. Needless to say I was elated. I named myself a Trendsetter and began to embrace and celebrate my quirky, eccentric and different self. Over the years, I became in love with vintage style, the looks of the past really impress me. I found myself in thrift stores on a regular basis and I get excited when I find what I call "precious treasures" be it a purse, dress, shoes or jewelry! I have been making and selling jewelry for many years and I have fun doing so. Also, I have a dream of owning a boutique oneday, selling everything from pretty frocks, to colorful purses. However, I know it takes time to really make a good living from it so I have always kept my main gig of Teaching to pay the bills and still keep my side hustle until I become a millionaire!

1 comment:

Jane said...

You have the best style ever.

Plus-Size, Curvy, Fat...

Plus-Size, Curvy, Fat...
I call it BEAUTIFUL! (Click on Picture)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Where do you do most of your shopping?